We’re excited to be moving forward with the Health Data Consortium (HDC), although the blog posts will likely slow down for a while. We wanted to take the time to share our plan for the next steps for HDC.
Here’s a partial list of what we’ve been doing over the past few weeks:
- Writing and sharing case studies of similar networks, and using them to refine our understanding of business models for HDC;
- Enhancing this site to serve not only as a blog, but as an organizational home, with two new sections (resources and events);
- Hosted an Advisory Board call and got feedback on activities and business models;
Here’s what we’re working on:
- We developed a registration models memo about the different ways to formalize HDC’s structure, and we’ve circulated it to the Executive Committee and Advisory Board. We are moving toward making a final decision on a structure in the coming weeks.
- We’ve developed a list of revenue streams for HDC in the next five years, and are using that to form the basis of a discussion about HDC’s value proposition.
- Based on the other discussions we’re having about the structure of HDC, we’ll be working to draft position descriptions and a staffing plan for HDC for the next one to two years.
- We’ve developed a proposed structure for membership levels for HDC, along with the benefits that would accompany each type of membership.
What would be your first step in setting up an organization like HDC?